Smallholders Combined

Simple, Clear Insurance For Smallholders

Smallholders insurance is an area that can potentially be prone to misinterpretation. As such it is vitally important to gain a full understanding of the levels and types of cover required to ensure that you avoid costly mistakes.

Many smallholders or those simply looking to downsize to live the ‘Good Life’ wrongly believe that their home insurance policy covers animal shelters, animals and public liability. Home insurance policies do not cover non-domestic outbuildings, land, livestock or any liability associated with them – these areas are not classed as part of the home, and therefore require separate cover.

Whether you have a small ‘hobby’ farm or run a commercial venture, provided you have less than 50 acres, BengerS has a Smallholders Combined Policy that is designed to fit your needs and requirements. If you have in excess of 50 acres we may still be able to cater for you on the policy or alternatively, our Farmers Combined policy may be more appropriate.

The Smallholders Combined Policy is an insurance package available in two levels – Silver or Gold – you simply select the level that best fits your needs. You can download the Prospectus/Proposal Form (including the Policy Summary)

Should you find that you need wider cover than that offered or you wish to include your house and contents, simply contact us and we can tailor a quotation to suit your requirements.

The Smallholders Combined Policy includes

  • Farm Buildings, Shelters, Stables etc
  • Tools & Machinery
  • Produce & Deadstock – hay, straw, feeds etc
  • Boundary Walls & Hedges
  • Livestock
  • Public & Products Liability – for the premises and attendance at Shows & Farmers Markets

However, it cannot cover:

  • Riding Schools
  • Heated Poultry or Pig Buildings (Applies to intensive rearing units – heat lamps are acceptable)
  • Camping or Caravanning Facilities
  • Employees
  • Export Products
  • Provision of a Livery Service (Renting out stables for a DIY livery is acceptable)
  • Slurry storage facilities
  • Farm Visits
  • Organised shoots
  • Northern Ireland
  • Contracting

Many of these can be catered for on other types of policy. Please contact us to see how we can help you.